Build.Build
This is how architecture should always be
Saturday, March 17, 2007
make them elegantly-Mike
About damn time.

I am very glad that you post your first entry, opening up some discussion, and frigging disagree with some of my ideas. This is a place to exchange and share ideas to one another so new ideas can be made and develope here inside these dotted lines.

To respond and react to me saying architecture should be hand drawn and hand build. I think it it taken from my idea of SHOP DRAWINGS. I feel that there are 2 types of architectural designers. The first one is a designer and don't know how to build shit. The second on are builders that knows how to make but doesn't make them elegantly. Me and you...we are the raw 3rd kind. We are the ones that design in our building mode. We don't do crazy abstract drawings. We do informative, logical, amazingly cool shop drawings even when we are not building it. I just think my ideas of architecture being hand drawn and hand built are not trying to revert back to the old ways and not progressing architecture. I think if you want to build something new and advance, please do couple of shop drawings to express that idea. I think it would help you think a little bit to a lot in doing that.

I completely agree with you and the WAAC idea about building. I am sure that we can't hire 40 architects to build a house. A lot of times, those abstract and dry drawings cannot tell the contractor how to build a building the way the architect intended it to. I would think shop drawings would make building and making the architecture more expressive and more intentional.

I hope you respond and react to my respond. This is fun and provoking.